THOMAS F. COOLEY, New York University
MARVIN GOODFRIEND, Carnegie Mellon University
The Carnegie-Rochester Conference on Public Policy was initiated in the early 1970s through the efforts of the Bradley Policy Research Center at the William E. Simon School of Business Administration at the University of Rochester and the Center for the Study of Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University. Under the leadership of Allan Meltzer (Carnegie Mellon University) and the late Karl Brunner (University of Rochester) the conference developed into a semi-annual event held in April in Rochester and November in Pittsburgh.
The principal objectives of the conferences are (a) to stimulate policy relevance and empirical research in economic science, (b) to encourage interchange of scientific ideas among analysts with different approaches, and (c) to generate greater understanding by academic economists of practitioner's environments.
Each conference is organized around a particular theme or topic with papers prepared by leading scholars with expertise in the area. Participants are united by their interest in the issues discussed and by their belief that analysis, evidence and informed discussion have lasting effects on the public and its institutions.
ANDREW ABEL, University of Pennsylvania
- MARK AGUIAR, University of Rochester
- GEORGE ALESSANDRIA, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- MARK BILS, University of Rochester
- YONGSUNG CHANG, University of Rochester
- HAROLD COLE, University of Pennsylvania
- JANICE EBERLY, Northwestern University
- BURTON HOLLIFIELD, Carnegie Mellon University
- BENNETT T. MCCALLUM, Carnegie Mellon University
- CHARLES I. PLOSSER, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- CHRISTOPHER SLEET, Carnegie Mellon University
- LINDA TESAR, University of Michigan
- GIANLUCA VIOLANTE, New York University
- AMIR YARON, University of Pennsylvania
- SEVIN YELTIKIN, Carnegie Mellon University
- STANLEY E. ZIN, New York University
Forthcoming Conference: November 13-14, 2015
Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
(BY INVITATION ONLY)