Website Accessiblity

Certification Of Financial Resources

Financial resources should equal the total costs of living expenses and tuition for two years. (See estimated expenses). If you are a citizen of a country other than the United States, you are ineligible for most loans, unless you have a US citizen willing to act as a co-signer for you.

As an applicant from a foreign country, you must submit three forms certifying their resources, indicating the source(s) of funds to be used during study at the Tepper School. These are forms entitled:

  • Financial Statement
  • Affidavit of Support
  • Graduate Student Information Form

Copies are available via our downloadable forms page. You are required to complete these forms if you are offered admission; however you may select to submit them with your application if you would prefer.

Please note that you must also submit the appropriate documentation described on the Affidavit of Support to verify:

  • the resources listed on the forms
  • your and/or your sponsor's ability to provide the stated financial support.

If you are NOT company sponsored, an official certified bank statement must be submitted DETAILING your and/or your sponsor's financial resources. If you are admitted, these forms will be used to verify the source(s) of funds. Proper documentation is necessary for the school to issue the I-20 form needed to obtain a student visa.

Visa Regulations

Visa regulations can be quite complex, and it is your responsibility to be aware of the regulations. The university does have a Foreign Student Advisor to assist applicants in visa matters, and we strongly recommend that you use this service. Should you need to contact the Foreign Student Advisor, the address and phone number are listed below:

Office of International Education
Carnegie Melllon University
Warner Hall-3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
(412) 268-5231(412) 268-5231

The United States' visa granting authority in the country of origin, ordinarily the United States Embassy, requires proof that sufficient funds are available to a student to cover both years of study before he/she is granted either the student visa (F-1) or an exchange visa (J-1).

Primary Navigation

Footer Navigation