Distance from Campus: 0 miles
Located 0 miles from the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University and 3 miles from downtown Pittsburgh, Oakland is an urban neighborhood with an academic, cultural, and healthcare personality.
Clustered around the neighborhood’s three universities (Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Pittsburgh, and Carlow University) is a dense student population and a mix of old and new apartments, condominiums, and single family homes. Most housing features private or on-street parking and all offer easy access to public transportation, casual restaurants, and shopping venues.
Known as the cultural heart of the city, Oakland also features top-rated museums and performing arts venues like the Carnegie Museum of Art, Carnegie Museum of Natural History (rated among the top 5 natural history museums in the country), Phipps Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, Soldiers & Sailors National Military Museum, Carnegie Music Hall, and Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.
- Tepper Students: 2% of student population live here
- Median Resident Age: 22 years
- Average Household: 1.9 people (Families: 27.1%, Renters: 73%)
- Median House Value: $88,537
Median Income: $20,912
Tepper students receive free rides on all Pittsburgh public transit (PAT) busses year-round with their college ID.
Map a bus route with Google Transit
Tepper students receive free shuttle rides during the academic year with their college ID.
Find shuttle routes and schedules
The Tepper School of Business also accommodates bikers, walkers, drivers, and carpoolers.
- Cyert Center for Early Education (PK-K)
- Campus School of Carlow University (PK-8)
- Pittsburgh Public Schools (K-12)
- St. Agnes School (K-8)
- Frick International Studies Academy (6-9)
- The Oakland School (8-12)
- Oakland Catholic (9-12)
- Central Catholic High School (9-12)
- Western Pennsylvania School for Blind Children