Setting your email configuration
You will first need to find out where your supposed to enter the mail configuration in your program. You will have to refer to the documentation that came with your software to find out where to do this. You will then need to enter the following information in to the program:
- IMAP Server (Incoming): cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu
- SMTP Server (Outgoing): smtp.andrew.cmu.edu
- User ID: Use your Andrew user ID. This is the user ID that the client uses to logon to the mail server.
- E-Mail address: Enter your andrew e-mail address here. This is where replies to the e-mail's you send out will be sent.
Also, server port numbers may need to be changed. In Outlook, this is found under the More Settings button when your looking at your Email Account settings. Note: This will be found in different places in different programs.
- Incoming Server (IMAP) Number: 993
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) Number: 465
- Make sure there are checks marks in each box that says "This server requires an encrypted connection".