Giving is personal, and at the Tepper School we provide our alumni, friends, faculty, staff and students with the means to be philanthropic and effectual in ways that reflect their interests, lifestyle and financial situation.
Philanthropy for a lifetime
There are various opportunities to support the school and effect change. Loyalty, leadership and legacy serve as the three pillars that capture these opportunities and allow you to impact real programs, real outcomes and real lives.
- Loyalty: We value our loyal supporters who participate in annual giving each year. Annual investments demonstrate your belief in our brand of education and form the backbone of the school. Consistency, not dollar amount, is the base of this pillar.
- Leadership: Contributions at the W.L. Mellon Society level ($1,000+) provide a catalyst for you to greatly impact the school. Specifically, major gifts at the $50,000+ level are used to endow scholarships and fellowships to attract the most exceptional students, create professorships to retain top faculty, and enhance the overall Tepper School experience for all stakeholders. Contact us to begin planning your leadership gift today.
- Legacy: Leave a lasting impact on the Tepper School by making a planned gift. Carnegie Mellon University provides many ways to support your estate planning and financial needs. Planned gifts ensure the success of the school well into the future.
Where should you designate your gift? This is one of the most important questions when deciding to invest your money. Consider what you are interested in, what you loved about your time at the Tepper School, and what you’d like to impact the most. These answers can help you understand where your philanthropic passion lies. See the list below for designation options. Don't see a fund that captures your eye? Contact us and we'll work with you to understand your giving priorities and match those with an appropriate designation.
Annual gifts (expendable) can be designated to:
- Tepper School Annual Fund: We raise over $2 million every fiscal year to support a variety of critical operational expenses including scholarship funding, faculty research and student activities.
- Scholarships and Fellowships: Gifts to the scholarship fund help grow our pool of merit scholarships used to attract the most exceptional students.
- Accelerate Leadership Center: You spoke and we listened! Leadership and "soft skill" development is now integrated into the MBA curriculum, and you can support our students’ leadership journeys directly.
- John R. Thorne Fund: This fund bolsters the Tepper School’s entrepreneurship programs by supplying critical operational funds to the Donald H. Jones Center for Entrepreneurship.
Endowed gifts provide support to the Tepper School in perpetuity. Gifts to the endowment can be unrestricted or restricted to support many specific funds such as named fellowships and professorships. If you’re interested in giving to or establishing an endowed fund, please contact Jenny Belardi, director of major gifts.
Ready to make your gift?
Learn more about ways to give or make your gift online using our secure online payment form.