Graduating Class Gift Campaign
A Tepper School tradition
The Tepper School Class Gift Campaign provides graduating MBA students with an opportunity to reflect on their time at the school, come together and show class pride, and help ensure that future classes have a positive experience. Over $150,000 has been raised during the past six years to support the class gift.
The class gift runs from September 2014 through June 30, 2015. Participation and dollars raised to-date will be celebrated during commencement weekend on May 15, 2015.
FULL-TIME MBA | OUR LEGACY STARTS TODAY
This October, the full-time MBA Class of 2015 kicked off their class gift campaign, Our Legacy Starts Today, with a tremendous impact:
- Over $13,000 has been raised as of December 2014
- Record participation by Class Gift Committee, GBA Officers, and Club Presidents at the start of Mini 2
- 10 W.L. Mellon Society members to date (gifts of $500+)
PART-TIME MBA | PART-TIME STUDENT OPPORTUNITY FUND
This fall, the part-time MBA Class of 2015 and Class of 2016 came together to launch the Part-time Student Opportunity Fund, a current-use fund created to offset costs for part-time students to participate in academic and professional activities such as treks, case competitions and career fairs.
- Money raised through this fund during each fiscal year will be eligible for disbursement the following academic year, truly allowing graduating students to leave their legacy on the classes to follow.
- Through the financial support of the fund, part-time students will have a greater opportunity to take advantage of the activities that contribute to their experience at the Tepper School.
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
- High student giving rates show alumni, recruiters, prospective students and other institutions that current students believe in the school, increasing the value of a Tepper School degree.
- Believe it or not, tuition only covers about 50 percent of the Tepper School’s operating budget. The school’s fundraising efforts help fill in the gap every year.
- Class giving is a stepping stone to establishing a tradition of philanthropy at the Tepper School, ensuring the success of the school long after each class has graduated.
- Outstanding student participation is a catalyst for encouraging greater alumni support of the school.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
- Make your gift online: www.tepper.cmu.edu/classgift (Full-Time); www.tepper.cmu.edu/classgift/part-time (Part-Time)
- Want to break-up your gift into budget friendly payments and have it renew automatically? Select the “recurring” option under Gift Frequency to set-up a recurring gift.
- Write a check
- Drop in person: Payable to “Carnegie Mellon University”; Memo line: “Tepper School Class Gift 2015”
Carnegie Mellon University
Tepper School Advancement Office, GSIA 213
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- Credit Card Machine & Cash
- During various events throughout the year, we’ll be collecting class gifts via credit card or cash. Processing of these gifts is delayed a few days – the fastest way to participate is to give online.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A LEADERSHIP DONOR?
Students can join the W.L. Mellon Society by making a gift of $500 or more to the Tepper School (typically donors must give $1,000+). Part-time students whose gifts are match-eligible through their organizations can join the society with a gift of $250 plus 1:1 match. Review our database of matching companies.
We recognize our exceptional student donors through exclusive interactions with the Dean’s Office and the Tepper School Alumni Board. Visit the W.L. Mellon Society webpage to learn more.
Class Gift Committee Contacts: