Contact the Admissions Team
By phone at 412-268-5687.
Or, via email by clicking below.
MSCF Student Profiles
Professors Rick Bryant and Steve Shreve share information about the MSCF students.
Want to learn more about the MSCF Program?
Visit NEW YORK
Schedule a visit to the Carnegie Mellon's MSCF New York campus.
Schedule a visit to the Carnegie Mellon's MSCF Pittsburgh campus.
Check out our deadlines and start your application now.
Successful candidates to the MSCF program will meet the following admissions requirements. Applicants who lack some of these skills may still be considered provided that they take steps to acquire the necessary skills before entering the program as set forth in a conditional admittance by the MSCF admissions committee. Applicants should:
- Have earned an undergraduate degree in a technical discipline such as mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics.
- Have taken, at a minimum, two full semesters of study in differential and integral calculus, the caliber of which is required of engineering, math or science majors as well as ordinary differential equations, linear algebra, and a calculus based probability course.
- Have strong academic performance in mathematics and probability coursework.
- Be fluent in a general purpose programming language such as C or C++.
- Relevant professional experience is preferred but not required.
Relevant work experience is preferred but not required. International students must understand rapid, idiomatic English, read English with ease and be able to express themselves orally and in writing as demonstrated by success on the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
Interviews will be granted only at the invitation of the admissions committee based on our review of your submitted MSCF application.
If you have submitted an application for the MSCF program within the last year, click here to gain more insight into the application process.