The Math Certificate Program offers non-degree students the ability to receive the same intensive instruction as degree students in a specific track consisting of six certificate-designated math courses. Certificate students attend the same classes as degree students and are required to perform the same coursework.
Course of Study
With certain exceptions, courses are offered one course per mini-semester.
The program begins in August and takes six mini-semesters to complete; thus, students matriculating in August will graduate in December of the following year. Math Certificate students are not eligible for Career Placement Services.
Application for the Math Certificate can be done online. Application requirements include:
- Completed MSCF application
- GRE/GMAT test score (GRE preferred)
- Official transcripts of all academic work
- Visa documentation
- Cover letter including an Essay C (Statement of Purpose) in the online application
The cost of the Math Certificate for the 2014-2015 academic year is $3,702 per course.
To obtain the Math Certificate, students must take at least six of the following ten courses. Required courses are identified by asterisks. Courses must be taken in the mini-semester and in the order in which they are shown below. Students who take two courses in one of the mini-semesters in which two courses are offered may, but are not required, to take courses in the other mini-semester in which two courses are offered.
- Probability (Mini 1)*
- Multi-Period Asset Pricing (Mini 2)*
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance I (Mini 3)*
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance II (Mini 4)
- Simulation Methods for Option Pricing (Mini 4)
- Advanced Derivative Models (Prerequisite: Stochastic Calculus II) (Mini 1)
- Fixed Income (Mini 1)
- Numerical Methods (Mini 2)
- Financial Computing IV (Mini 2, requires a proficiency in C++)
- Risk Management I (Mini 2)