Admission to the Tepper School's doctoral program typically carries with it full remission of tuition (William Larimer Mellon fellowship) plus a stipend. The stipend is intended to help cover living expenses in Pittsburgh.
- Also included is single person health insurance for the student.
- The Tepper School pays the Technology Fee for Ph.D. students in the first five years of the program.
- Students are responsible for the payment of the Student Activity and Port Authority fees each semester.
- The tuition remission continues as long as the student is in good standing in the program.
- The stipend is guaranteed for the first five years of study, and the health insurance benefit is guaranteed for up to five years.
- To receive the stipend and health insurance, the student must be in good standing, in residence, and not have employment outside of the University.
- Stipends are paid out over a twelve-month period.
In addition to tuition remission and stipend, our Ph.D. students also receive an IBM Thinkpad notebook computer free of charge in support of their computing needs while they are in residence. The exact specifications of the machine to be provided change from year to year as the technology evolves, so applicants interested in specific information about computer support should also contact the Doctoral Program Office.
Eligible applicants who don't receive a Mellon fellowship and stipend may automatically be considered for an International Fellowship.
Student budgets represent the estimated costs for tuition as well as other education-related expenses you may incur while attending the Tepper School of Business. All figures are estimates and subject to change. Actual costs may vary.
Fall 2017 - Spring 2018
Room, Board, Misc: $15,504
Estimated Health Insurance: $2,000
Total Estimated Cost of Attendance for 2017-2018: $65,778
*The tuition amount reflected above is for the 2017-2018 academic year. Each Spring, the university sets and publishes the tuition and fees rates for the upcoming academic year.
**The university fees include an activity fee of $214, a transportation fee of $210, and a technology fee of $410.