The Tepper School offers a minor in business to students in any of the other schools and colleges at Carnegie Mellon. Whether majoring in areas such as architecture, chemistry, or philosophy, many students find it quite valuable to gain business knowledge and skills through the minor.
There are six course requirements for the Business minor.
Students may apply for the minor when they have sophomore-year status and have completed two courses for the minor with at least a 3.0 grade point average.
The Business minor for Engineering students:
Students enrolled in an engineering program in the Carnegie Institute of Technology (CIT) here at Carnegie Mellon may opt for a version of the business minor that focuses more on operations and quality management.
There are six course requirements for the Business minor for CIT students:
- Principles of Economics (73-100)
- Operations Management (70-371)
- Supply Chain Management (70-471)
- Operations Research I (21-291), or Models & Methods for Optimization (21-257)
- An Engineering Project Management course elective
- Either: Mathematical Models for Consulting (70-460), or Quality Principles and Techniques (70-474)
CIT students may apply for the minor when they have sophomore-year status and have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.50.