The Tepper School offers an additional major in business to students in any of the other schools and colleges at Carnegie Mellon. Combining business with another major can provide very strong career preparation for certain students with plans to go into such areas as consulting, entrepreneurial ventures and project management.
To earn the additional major, students need to complete the following two components of the business major. For more information, view the Carnegie Mellon Undergraduate Course Catalog.
Quantitative and Analytical Skills Courses
- Business foundational and core courses
- Plus, two business electives at the 300-level or higher (70-3xx or 70-4xx)
Students may apply for the additional major when they've met the following qualifications:
- At least junior-year status
- Overall grade point average of at least 3.0
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 in required courses for the additional major
- Completion of all Quantitative & Analytical Skills course requirements
- Completion of at least six of the required business courses (70-xxx)
Students considering the additional major should be aware that additional time and flexibility may be required to satisfy all requirements.