In our new video series, Professor Bryan Routledge provides regular updates on the Tepper Quad building process.
Discover the innovative design created by lead architect Moore Ruble Yudell Architects & Planners, and key design principles which will make the vision of impactful business education hold true.
Live Construction Feed
View the live quad construction cam. See what's happening today at the Tepper Quad construction site.
The David Tepper Quadrangle, or Tepper Quad, will provide a major new academic resource in support of a transformative agenda for Carnegie Mellon University. The new building will create a flexible, collaborative learning environment while providing first-rate amenities to benefit the entire campus community.
The Tepper Quad’s creation was made possible by a lead gift of $67 million from the charitable foundation of alumnus and investor David Tepper, MBA ’82.
The Tepper Quad will be a catalyst for campus-wide collaboration. The vision behind this project offers a new campus model that unites our academic strengths and prepares our students for career environments that require mastery of leadership and analytics, including:
- A new hub for technology-enhanced learning research and practice, including The Simon Initiative, which will improve learning outcomes for students as well as foster the expansion the Tepper School's Online MBA program.
- Activities that are part of Carnegie Mellon's campus-wide culture of innovation, entrepreneurship and new ventures, including curricula, research, mentoring and partnerships with alumni and stakeholders that support venture capital and seed funding.
- 21st century research and learning, featuring flexible, collaborative spaces; domains for both undergraduate and graduate students; and multi-purpose learning environments to foster interconnectedness among various disciplines.
- Expansion of the undergraduate business program enrollment by 40 percent and growth of business education offerings for all students across the Carnegie Mellon campus.
- And expansion of the master’s student population at the Tepper School by 50 percent, which includes the Tepper MBA program and new specialized master's degree programs.
In addition to housing the Tepper School of Business, the Tepper Quad will include amenities that will serve the entire Carnegie Mellon community, such as underground parking, dining services, a multi-use HUB area, a fitness center, a 600-seat flat floor auditorium, and a welcome center. The new building will be located at the site of the existing Morewood parking lot.