The W.L. Mellon Society was created in 1997 to honor the business school’s founder, William Larimer Mellon, for his vision and generosity, and to recognize the generosity of alumni and friends who continue his tradition of philanthropy. Membership is renewable annually with a gift of $1,000 or more to the Tepper School.
Company matching gifts that increase your total fiscal year gift to $1,000+ qualify you for membership in the W.L. Mellon Society.
- Recognition on our donor board, which is prominently displayed in the Posner Hall lobby
- Invitations to exclusive events held on campus and across the country
- VIP communications with faculty and administrators
- Special recognition in the Tepper School of Business annual donor report
- Membership in CMU's Andrew Carnegie Society (ACS), which includes:
- Subscription to the ACS newsletter, The News
- Recognition in Carnegie Mellon's Annual Donor Report
- Special university mailings and updates
- Donors of $2,500+ receive an invitation to attend the annual ACS celebration in Pittsburgh
||$50,000 – $99,999
||$25,000 – $49,999
||$10,000 – $24,999
||$5,000 – $9,999
||$2,500 – $4,999
||$1,000 – $2,499
Students & recent alumni
W.L. Mellon Society membership is granted to student and recently graduated (one year out) alumni donors who make gifts of $500+ to the Tepper School. We recognize our exceptional student and recent alumni donors through exclusive interactions with the Dean’s Office and the Tepper School Alumni Board in addition to all aforementioned membership benefits.